Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sand storm




I survived my first sand storm today!! I was at work during daylight hours but I'll try to snap a pic if it's still raging tomorrow! It's just like a blizzard, only with sand! You can smell it in the air, even inside and you can always feel the grit in your mouth, hair, etc. I just put my head down and pull my hat down tight, the people who have been here awhile have bandanas.

The local version of mountain dew is what I look forward to each day! It's hard to keep track of the days and I really miss everyone back home! It's amazing how small the Air Force is, I've already ran into a guy I used to work with at Offutt and I know two other girls here. Also met a guy who is friends w/ my good friend Dave, small world!

They're pretty sensitive of what people take pictures of , so I might not have a ton of pics to post. The two pictures above are of my room. I had a roommate at first but fortunately she moved out and now I have my own room. It's pretty plain except for the pink comforter, oh and I brought 'sleep sheet' from Espana with me!
The last pic is of Lynch and I before I left Norfolk, it was my last lunch in America!!

It's thundering out right now, crazy!! I can't see anything though since all of the windows are covered up.

Peace out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment